On Tuesday 22 September, we hosted our Resetting Retail: Response to COVID-19 event. Our panel of experts, comprising Matthew Lewis, Head of Retail; Richard Lim, Chief Executive, Retail Economics; Paula Laird, Financial Services partner; and John Alderton, Restructuring & Insolvency partner, explored the viability, sustainability and recovery of UK retail as we head towards the three-month mark from the unlocking of UK retail amidst the global COVID-19 pandemic.
- A look at the retail economy and where retail is on the COVID-19 recovery curve
- How retailers can assess the vulnerabilities of their business
- Opportunities and lessons learnt from COVID-19
- Funding packages and rescue approaches
- “New normal” risks, such as cash flow pressures, supply and demand, employee considerations, operational costs and Brexit
- Emerging economic, consumer, regulatory and compliance pressures
A recording of the event is now available to keep you updated. Please click here to view.