On Friday, October 16, 2020 we hosted a webinar along with the American Bankruptcy Institute, that featured a distinguished panel of professionals, including former Speaker of the US House of Representatives John Boehner, former Congressman and Chairman of the Democratic Caucus Joseph Crowley, former Congressman Bill Shuster, former Secretary of Transportation Rodney Slater, Karol Denniston and Ed Newberry. The panel was moderated by Stephen Lerner.
The discussion included the election, the US Supreme Court, the political impact of a Trump or Biden administration, the possible change of control in the Senate, and what all of this means for unemployment and future stimulus programs, interest rates, taxes, infrastructure and the US economy in 2021. The panel also discussed what is happening with our cities, states, industries and non-profit institutions, and how political changes could either improve or worsen our current situation.
- Hon. John Boehner, Washington DC
- Former Congressman Joseph Crowley, Washington DC
- Karol Denniston, San Francisco
- Stephen Lerner, Moderator, Cincinnati
- Ed Newberry, Washington DC
- Former Congressman Bill Shuster, Washington DC
- Former Secretary of Transportation Rodney Slater, Washington DC
A recording of this webinar is available.