From 30 April 2021, an administrator will be unable to complete a sale of a substantial part of a company’s property to a connected person without either the approval of creditors or an an independent written option.
Our new alert considers the impact of the new regulations in practice, which apply to both pre-packs and post-packs that take place eight weeks of an administrator’s appointment answering questions such as:
- How does the administrator assess whether the evaluator has the relevant knowledge, experience and independence?
- What is a substantial disposal?
- What is the administrator’s liability for breach of the regulations?
- What if there is more than one sale?
- Who is a connected party?