On Tuesday, March 22, 2022, Squire Patton Boggs and the American Bankruptcy Institute hosted a webinar titled “The Conflict in Ukraine: Impact on Capitals, Markets and Boardrooms.” The webinar featured a distinguished panel of Squire Patton Boggs professionals, including former Speaker of the US House of Representatives John Boehner, Career Ambassador Frank Wisner, Ambassador Matthew Kirk, Patrick Brooks, José María Viñals, and Ludmilla Kasulke, and leading energy industry expert Kate Dourian, a non-resident fellow of the Arab Gulf States Institute. The panel was moderated by Stephen Lerner, Global Chair of Squire’s Restructuring & Insolvency Practice Group.
The discussion focused on the geo-political, legal and economic repercussions of the crisis in Ukraine. Our panelists provided timely and insightful commentary and advice on:
- the current situation on the ground in Ukraine;
- the impact on NATO and potential membership for Ukraine;
- the impact on US relations with China;
- how the Ukraine conflict differs from previous recent military conflicts;
- the current sanctions landscape and how to navigate the various sanctions imposed by the US, UK and EU;
- the global economic impact;
- how C-Suite executives and directors are addressing the myriad business issues and challenges caused by the conflict; and
- the impact on the ability of non-Russian investors and creditors to recover on debt and equity investments in Russian companies.
A recording of this webinar is available.