On 5 April 2022, the UK government published the first review of the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016 (the Report). We have produced this alert, that selects a few points from the Report that we think are of interest to practitioners. In particular:
- proposed changes to the Rule on timing and dating notices of appointment of administrators,
- the practice of swearing statutory declarations remotely,
- the impact of the decision in Manolete Partners Plc v Hayward and Barrett Holdings Ltd  EWHC 1481 (Ch) on bringing insolvency proceedings,
- the engagement of secured creditors in approving fees and consent to the extension of an administrators’ appointment, and
- the monetary limit on winding-up petitions.